Thursday, October 16, 2008

 

Tobacco Blogging

I finally am having a few minutes to think about my research (as I am starting to write grants), and during these fleeting contemplative moments, I am breaking in my (belated) birthday (as well as congratulations on landing a tenure track position) gift -- a Peterson pipe purchased by a dear friend of mine when he was in a conference in the home of his father's family and Peterson pipes, aka Ireland.  Now I am really feeling  professorial (wearing the junior faculty uniform of tan pants and a blue shirt, but now with a nice pipe!).

Anyway, since London SW1 no longer seems available, I purchased (appropriately enough for NJ, what with all the bears in this area and all) the C&D blend, Bow Legged Bear.  And boy is it good!  It's one of those Perique, Latakia and Cavendish blends I've loved ever since I mixed the remnants of the first pipe tobacco I've ever smoked (a lightly aromatic Lane Limited bulk blend) with Revelation.  But unlike many of the other fine C&D blends in this genre, you can't really make out the components so much as you get a very harmonious blend of (very mineral-like and also fermented) flavors, much along the lines of the sort of Chablis that I cannot afford. ;)

I just hope that since I've only a few fleeting moments here and there my less than optimally slow smoking (I'm only smoking 1/3 bowls at this point) habits are not going to ruin this nice new pipe (previously, I've only smoked cob pipes, so no worries ... but this one, obviously, I want to keep) ... of course, it may be problematic in the first place to smoke an English-style tobacco in an Irish pipe? ;)



Comments:
The most prevalent and easily avoidable type of cancer is the one caused by the use of tobacco. This includes the use of cigarettes, cigars and pipes. Even though smokers are addicted to nicotine, the fact that 200,000 people die every year due to smoking caused cancer should be enough motivation to quit. Some experts say that cessation of smoking can increase lifespan by up to 20 years. http://www.chantixhome.com/
 
we just always take care our health
Busby SEO Test
 
[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]rtl wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter mp3[b][/url]
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?