Monday, June 16, 2008

 

Damnit Jim! I'm a Biophysical Chemist, not an Economist

(Links below are in which I demonstrate my complete, almost McCain-like ignorance of and frustration with economics)

I know it's often just a matter of semantics, but having taken thermo, I do sometimes wonder what economists are smoking when they talk about efficiency or when they talk about a presumably measurable effect as if the effect itself (rather than the predicted effect) is a function of the model. If my mindset is that of Kant, it seems economists, with their reality being a function of their model, have the mindset of Bishop Berkeley's immaterialism: and I though economists were supposed to be objective (whatever that means)!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?