Sunday, October 21, 2007

 

Dolly Blogging

On one of my favorite country music singers, the great Dolly Lama.

NPR had something that actually was, um, shall we say politically correct. And I mean correct in terms of my politics (and it was very pro-feminist) as opposed to the usual PC pablum of NPR. But alas, I'm so used to digging at NPR, I've forgotten what it was I wanted to praise them for. I guess Agnew was right about my ilk being Nattering Nabobs of Negativism.

Oh yes ... I remember: it was the discussion on To The Best Of Our Knowledge about motherhood (go figure ... it wasn't NPR but rather WPR). I wish they would have gone deeper into the political aspects of it, but it's good to finally break the ice around the cult of mommy-magic that is used to make so many women feel so guilty about what are really normal situations and emotions.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?